In the Instructor Hub of the Teaching Commons, you will discover resources to meet your teaching and education research needs. If you need assistance, please connect with our team of experts.
- UC Merced's Instructor Starter Guide
- Set up CatCourses and build modules.
- Prepare your course and syllabus.
- Support student and personal wellness
- Developing fully Online courses
- Faculty teaching development opportunities
- Explore our curated collection of evidence-based teaching strategies including:
- Course Design and Frameworks
- Assessment and Feedback
- Engaging Learning Experiences
- Connect with us for more!
Faculty Learning Communities
- Discuss discipline-specific strategies and best practices to improve your teaching and learning portfolio.
- Enjoy the support and wisdom from your colleagues at UC Merced.
Academic & Emerging Technologies
- Discover the range of technological tools instructors have access to for facilitating their courses at UC Merced.
- Get support for setting courses on Canvas (CatCourses).
- Request to have your classroom environment assessed for levels of student engagement.
- Receive a report on instructional behavior and understand areas to improve.
- Follow-up with our team to learn from and improve from the experience!
English Language Institute
- Request English language support for your students or for yourself.
- Get involved with your international community.